RAMANATA CRISNA PAI RAIKAR EDUCATION SOCIETY’S
RAMANATA CRISNA PAI RAIKAR SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
Madhala Wada, Savoi Verem, Ponda, Goa 403 401 Registration No. 9/Goa/2013 dated 02/01/2013
RAMANATA CRISNA PAI RAIKAR EDUCATION SOCIETY Registered under No. 9/Goa/2013 dated
02/01/2013, is formed with the objective of imparting education in the field of agriculture. Our Vision is to
have basic awareness, appreciation and appropriate understanding of agriculture through participation in
school agricultural education program that meets State’s agricultural parameters and challenge learners to
achieve their greatest potential. A premier technical-vocational institution committed to catalyse change
through development of highly skilled manpower with positive work values and entrepreneurial orientation
towards Agriculture .To promote and develop agricultural skills for increasing agricultural area of operation
and thereby increase the productivity and the quality through progressive farming and to promote self-
employment in this sector.
We have started the first exclusive Higher Secondary school for Agriculture at Savoi Verem ,Ponda Taluka, in the state of Goa from the Academic Year 2013-2014. The syllabus for the XIth and XIIth for the Agriculture stream has been approved by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education and has been endorsed by the National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF), Bhopal. The school has also been approved by the Department of Education. The First batch of Std. XII has successfully passed out in the Year 2015.
This Institute has started facilitating the farmers and helping them to resolve their farming difficulties. Last year we celebrated year of family farming and also conducted soil testing for more than 200 farms, and counseling the farmers with the help of soil report. This year is International Soil year. The management has established mobile soil testing laboratory and conduct this program on a bigger scale. The School does charge the farmers for the service rendered.
The institute has MOUs with ICAR Research Complex for Goa, Indian Dutch Education Agency in the Netherlands and a working relationship with Michigan State University, USA. Besides Farmers Training centre, Ela, and Dr.B.S.K.K.V. at Dapoli. This highly career oriented and job assured course in XI and XII conducted in this Institute is worthy of praise. The Staff under the leadership of principle Shri Shrirang Jambhale has taken lot of efforts in giving all round education and hands on training in all spheres of Agriculture.
We have been granted approval by the Goa University vide their letter no.1/99/Acad-Gen/2016/01 Dated 04/04/2016 , for starting Advance Diploma in Agriculture program under the Community college Ordinance OA-21 to begin from the Academic Year 2016-17. Our intake would be 30 students per batch. The courses on offer are diplomas, advance diplomas and certificate courses in Agriculture. The duration of these courses will range from six months to two years. These degrees have been started keeping in mind the rising unemployment and low rates of employment. At a time when the economy is not doing very well, these courses come as a hope for those who cannot afford expensive college degrees. This will be the first community college in the state fulfilling the needs of creating skilled man power in the field of agriculture.
This scheme has been introduced by the UGC as part of the 12th five year plan. The increasing Indian population, the numbers of unemployed are going to rise. The Commission hopes to curb the rising unemployment problem in India by providing nationally standardized and acceptable skill-based programmes to help the unemployed population in India The commitment of the Government of India to integrate skill development in the higher education system with flexible learning formats is reflected in its initiative to prepare a National Vocational Education Qualifications Framework (NVEQF) for standardization and thus, wider acceptance of the skill oriented courses amongst the employers. There is also flexibility for further skill development.
There is no age barrier for entry to this course, thus it also meets the life-long learning needs of the community.
Hon. Prime Minister in his call to the nation to build up skill in the youth with special emphasis in the field of agriculture had motivated many students to come forward and be empowered with knowledge in this field. This initiative will give a boost to Mission Skill Development.
The Launching of the Community College will be done by releasing the prospectus and starting the Admission process on 9th of May 2016 at the hands of Hon.Chief Minister in the presence of Shri Rajendra Arlekar, Hon.Min.for Forest and Panchayat, Vice Chancellor of Goa University and the Director of ICAR Goa. The function will be held in the GCCI hall, Panaji.
RCPR School Activities
- NSS volunteers of the unit took initiative in gardening work. The unit has taken up gardening and maintenance work at Children Park at Savoi- Verem. Cleaning work and planting of small plants and trees has been carried out by the volunteers. Volunteers go for periodical visits to the park and do the maintenance work. This activity has been carried out through-out the year as a regular activity along with other regular activities like maintaining of college garden and campus cleaning.
- Camp for students on Personality Development through Meditation in association with Art of Living was carried from 11th Dec. to 14th Dec. at Panchayat Hall Savoi-Verem.
- NSS unit has taken up the work of collecting “Soil Samples” from the farms of local farmers. These samples are sent to the agriculture department where they will be tested and the respective farmers will be informed about the quality and the status of the soil. This information will be of great importance to the farmers in crop cultivation.
- NSS unit along with Zonal Agriculture Department (Ponda) took initiative in helping farmers of savoi verem to complete the procedure of doing “krishi card”. This card is very important for the farmers to avail the Govt. subsidies and other Govt. benefits related to agriculture.
- NSS unit along with ‘Art of Living’ organized competition of ‘Surya-namaskar’ for the students on the day of ‘Ratha-saptami’.
- NSS volunteers extended help to the farmers of Thane, Dongurly , Pali (Taluka. Satteri) and Naigini, Mavlinge (Taluka Dicholi) in cleaning the farms affected by cyclonic storms during April 2014.
- Red Ribbon Club is formed in the college in association with Goa State AIDS Control Society and various activities are organized.
- The College students have participated in various exhibitions and seminars. *2 exhibitions organized by Bharat Swabhiman Kisan Panchayat; *Science Exhibition organized by Goa Vigyana Parishad & DSTE, Govt. of Goa; *AYUSH exhibition by Ministry Of AYUSH, GoI & Arogya Bharati; *Youth summit on Climate Change by Goa Science Centre; *3rd Environment Film Festival at Panaji; *Farmers Rally by Directorate of Agriculture & Dir. Of AHDS.
- International Year of Family Farming (2015) and International Year of Soils (2016) celebrated.
- On the job training facilities for the students are made available at esteemed institutions like ICAR, FTC, KVK and well established farms and firms.